Some of our ideas were:
- Using both sides of a piece of paper before we recycle it.
- Recycling paper, plastic and cans.
- Trying to reduce the amount of gladwrap and plastic rubbish in our lunchboxes
- Picking up rubbish when we see it.
- Walking or scooting to school instead of coming in the car.
- Reusing glass jars and plastic containers for other things rather than throwing them out.
- Turning off the lights when we leave the classroom.
- Turning off the heater when the classroom is hot enough.
- Keeping the doors and windows closed when the heater is on.
- We have solar panels on the roof of our classroom block.
- We are getting a worm farm to eat our food scraps.
We made our postcards by recycling pictures from magazines and then we put them in the post to travel to lots of other schools in New Zealand. We are looking forward to receiving some postcards from other schools and reading what they are doing to help the environment too.